Pages

Saturday 5 November 2011

A few new pieces

First off I have two pieces trying my hand at abstract landscapes. For the past few years I've been following an artist called Kurt Jackson, a Cornish abstract landscape painter. His work is incredible and after going to one of his exhibitions I always try my hand at a few pieces myself. These two are based off some photos I took on Dartmoor a few years ago.
tree1
DSC_0038

Next a piece I've recently been working on. I've been trying to develop my figure painting skills for some time and this piece has been a big leap forward, particularly as its not in my usual medium. Acrylic on canvas 18X26 inches
DSC_0032

Finally an old painting I've just found again. Again this is an acylic on canvas figure. I never quite got the skin tones right on this but may revisit it soon.
DSC_0034

No comments:

Post a Comment